Sunday, December 12, 2010

Italy- Learning the art of loving and eating..





It has been 3 months since I left India to take a chance on love. Instantly I have learned to build bridges with my Hindu practice and the ever prevalent Catholic presence all around me ( Even the street corners ring of church bells and crosses are hung everywhere). As soon as I arrived, I built my altar, which now, with the help of Giacomo, my boyfriend( remember the Italian I met in Bangkok for 24 hours? The universe brought us together finally!), is becoming a space of worship of all gurudevas around us. Every day we light incense to honor Maharaji, Yogananda and Babaji to name a few.
Everyday I practice my limited Italian, often staying quiet and ”hearing” a lot and speaking less, with the people around me. In many ways this language barrier is a blessing, as I am learning to read energy and work my magic ( with less words and more love energy), something my yoga practice has taught me.
Everyday, I am challenged by living with another soul who is undergoing his own transition and evolution with a complicated divorce and a separation of a marriage of 25 years. We all know that these times can prove to be full of hardship and sometimes dark. I try to keep my light shining even if at times the candle flickers. I try to find my mirror and karma in all of this. How life has brought me here, to Italy to love someone who , like me, is evolving and learning to rebuild his light warrior self. A baba and a shamanic guru in his own right, Giacomo, my naga (Warrior) is teaching me that I deserve love and that even after divorce at any age, you can fall in love again.
Everyday I become grateful for the delicious foods I am able to eat and learn to cook, like the art of eating pasta, without a knife! Or the mushrooms I have learned to pick in the mountains while hiking. Often on these hikes I dream of building a home, a sort of refuge for yogis and artists alike. I am learning that if I listen I can hear the trees, and the rocks and they give me energy, as do the people who live in the mountains of Sardinia, who have shared with me their wine, honey, and even lemons. All is organic here in Sardinia. The air is pure and the oceans are a clear turquoise color full of hope and dreams. I am learning to let go and let live here.
Sometimes I lose my way, but I have continued reading the Autobiography of a Yogi. I am grateful for the energy that Yogananda has given me on this new journey. I try to practice yoga on the beautiful beaches of Sardinia and meditate on the rocks of granite (the very rocks that the great Roman Empire chiseled at to make their great empirical statues and historical sites). When I practice, I become clear again and I know that this clarity helps me find my way back to love again. I am learning to Love. Love ever so gently the entire world. To find love within, and to mirror it back to anyone ready to reflect.
As I write this, I am off again to visit the family back home in Miami, and on this holiday season, I am sending light and love to all who dare to dream, to follow their hearts and listen to the call of the universe, God knows its becoming harder everyday to listen but we cannot stop , we must dare to dream and to manifest love in all we do.. if not now then when?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for reminding me to dream and being an example of transformation in progress...you are an inspiration to me. Thank you! Sending you love and light from New York...Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring.

    Need to stop and enjoy the sight around me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to you I am grateful you have found this "space" in your heart to share...as you have written, you are the vibration of love and this love expanded reaches all of us across the oceans as well as Sardinia! Thank you for being love. su

    ReplyDelete